Pool parties are a great way to spend time with friends and family, especially on a hot summer day.
We’ve complied the top 5 elements that ensure your pool party to be a smashing success.
- Date and Time. While pool parties can happen spontaneously, the most successful are planned in advance. Coordinate a day and time when most of you family and/or friends can attend because it’s true what they say–the more the merrier.
- Food. Eating is the most common activity that brings people together, and having a pool party is no exception. Serve up your favorite appetizers, heat up the grill for some barbecue, and offer some refreshing desserts to keep cool in the summer heat.
- Water Toys. There are some really fun floaties and water toys that take pool parties to the next level. You don’t need a lot of pool toys to have a good time, just make sure your guests have options.
- Music. Aside from the sound of laughter and splashing water, music is a key element to a good pool party. Music sets the vibe for a fun atmosphere, so put together your favorite playlist to enjoy while you’re in the water or relaxing on the patio.
- Pool. The most obvious element to a successful pool party is–the pool! However, not everyone has the luxury of a private pool. If you want to throw a pool party but don’t have a pool, some alternate options include- community pool, clubhouse pool, coordinating with a friend who has a pool, and even investing in an above ground pool. Where there is a will, there is a way.